Tiffon, cognacfirm in Jarnac
Main brands: Braastad, Maison Surenne, Tiffon.
- 1875 date of establishment by Médéric Tiffon and by Mr. Roy in Jarnac. Chateau de Triac is owned by the Tiffon family.
- 1913 Edith Rousseau, grand-daughter of Tiffon, marries Sverre Braastad.
- 1919 After the First World War it is Sverre Braastad who together with his wife Edith Rousseau breathe new life into the Tiffon company.
- 1920 They buy the premises on the quay l’Ile de Madame to serve as a storage building. In 1965 they build a distillery in the building.
- 1946 Sverre Braastad buys the Chateau de Triac from his in-laws.
- 1990 Tiffon buys the Boutelleau brand and with it a beautiful stock of old cognacs. Boutelleau was owned by the famous writer Jacques Chardonne, whose real name was Jacques Boutelleau.
- 1990 start of the Braastad brand
- 1998 Richard Braastad, now cellar-master, creates in co-operation with Ansley Coale of Craft Distillers the brand ‘Maison Surrenne’ in order to target the American market.
The Tiffon company used to have two distilleries, one on Chateau de Triac and another in Jarnac, but not long ago they decided to concentrate all their pot stills on one place: Jarnac. They also own 30 hectares of vineyard, 10 in the Grande Champagne and 20 in the Fins Bois district. Besides they buy wine and eau-de-vie from other producers.
The following brands are produced: Braastad, Tiffon, Maison Surrenne. They also sell the Boutelleau brand.
They mainly produces blends.
Tiffon: VS, VSOP, XO, Extra.
Braastad: VS, VSOP, XO, Extra, single vineyard.
Maison Surrenne: VSOP petite champagne and fins bois, XO grande champagne, Ancienne Distillerie petite champagne, Distillerie Galtaud single cask borderies, Tonneau no. 1 1922 petite champagne, Lot David Picoron 1975 single vineyard grande champagne, Unblended 1946 grande champagne, Héritage 2 borderies (100 yo), Cask 356 grande champagne (100 yo, 53 years on cask).
Boutelleau: some very old bottles are sold from this old brand.
Tiffon engels — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>