Vinet-Delpech, cognac producer in Brie-sous-Archiac
This firm originated from two family companies – Delpech-Fougerat and Vinet – each having its own history who merged in 2012 to become Vinet-Delpech.
Laroche, Fougerat, Delpech:
- 1777 Laroche is the owner of domaine Font Gireau (also knwon as Domaine Fontgiraud) in Barret. Hij has vineyards in the Petite Champagne area and starts making his own cognacs very early on, using his own name until 1949.
- 1949 Pierre Fougerat becomes the owner of the estate.
- 1976 Jacques Delpech is the son-in-law of Pierre Fougerat who takes over. The brand name changes into Delpech-Fougerat.
- 2012 Etienne Delpech and Bruno Delannoy (owner of Vinet-Ege) merge and become Distillery Vinet-Delpech with the new brand-name: Vinet-Delpech.
Chartier, Vinet, Ege:
- 1934 Félix Chartier starts a distillery in Brie-sous-Archiac. He is a Bouilleur de Profession and his firm is called Distillerie Chartier.
- 1972 Guy Vinet takes over the company and the name changes into Vinet Distillerie. Guy Vinet is probably a nephew of Félix Chartier.
- ninetees of the last century: son-in-law Bruno Delannoy, who is married to Annie Vinet, takes charge.
- 1989 Vinet buys Ege. Their name is now Vinet-Ege.
- 2012 Merger with Delpech-Fougerat. The new name is Vinet-Delpech.
Today Étienne Delpech and Baptiste Delannoy are heading the company. They own three vineyards in the Petite Champagne district, planted with Ugni Blanc, Folle Blanche and Colombard. They also have a vineyard in the Fins Bois area.
Their cognacs are rather dry, partly due to the use of Folle Blanche and Colombard in their blends.
They produce two lines:
Vinet Delpech: VS, VSOP, XO, Hors d’Age.
Delpech-Fougerat (from their own vineyards in petite champagne and fins bois): VS, VSOP, XO.
Other brands in their possession are:
- Arc de Triomphe cognac
- Avenue Champs Elysées
- Cognac Vinet-delpech
- Domaine Fontgiraud
- Pierre Fougerat
- Guy Vinet
- Royal Master
- Golden Eifel Tower
- Paris Toujours
- Diamond Jubilee
- Le Dantec
- Tour Eiffel
- Miss Paris
- Five Columns
- Tresor des Rois (Henri, Philippe, Charles)