Unicoop, co-operative in Cognac
Unicoop stands for Union Cooperative des Vignerons Charentais.
- 1931 Established by Pierre-Lucien Lucquiaud, together with Clément Baudy, Maurice Baudy, André Ferrand, Abel Ferrand, Désiré Lalande, Aris Brisson, le docteur Porchaire, Emile Pillet, Ferrand Grataud, Jean Maurin, Pierre Gadras.
- 1960 H. Mounier joins Unicoop; they already are working together as of 1947. Mounier brings in the brand Prince Hubert de Polignac.
- 1997 Deal to produce Grey Goose wodka for Sydney Franck (USA)
- 1999 Almost bankrupt, but saved by the government together with Credit Agricole
- 2001 They buy Hardy, who after their bankruptcy was bought by Klesch Capital Partners (KCP) in 1999.
- 2003 They buy Calvet, a big merchant in Bordeaux
- 2004 Grey Goose is being sold by Sydney Franck to Bacardi
- 2006 Calvet is being sold to Grands Chais de France.
Their main brands are : Prince Hubert de Polignac, Mounier, Hardy.
They also sell eau-de-vie to other firms.
Managing director: Dominique Callandre
Unicoop has had over 4000 winegrowers under contract. Now a mere 200.
They own 125 pot stills.
Brands in their possession:
- Paul Bocuse
- De Chabrac
- Le Grand Chevalier
- Cognac des Paysans Charentais (belonged to Mounier)
- Comte de la Fayette (belonged to Mounier)
- Count de Beaufort
- Gibeau, Château
- Grand Chambellan
- Grand Monarque
- La Jasserie (belonged to Mounier)
- Laurent ((belonged to Mounier)
- Logis de Bonnefort (typo: Logis de Bonnefont?)
- Mallet, Jean-Paul (belonged to Mounier)
- Marquis de la Fayette
- Marquis Pierre de Villemin (belonged to Mounier)
- Jean Marquis
- Martinaud, Albert
- Maurin, Marcel
- Le May
- Mounier, Henri
- cognac des Paysans Charentais
- de Pourvil (belonged to Mounier)
- Prince Hubert de Polignac (belonged to Mounier)
- Vigier Latour (belonged to Mounier)