CCG, Compagnie Commerciale de Guyenne; also known as: CDG, Compagnie De Guyenne group, co-operative in Cognac
- 1969 Established by Michel Coste in Cognac (Faith writes in his book it was in 1976; according to Delos it was 1981; I think both are wrong). Coste was assisted by Claude Brugerolle. CCG was at first a groupe of rather independant family companies.
- 1977 CCG buys Lucien Foucauld.
- 1979 CCG buys Meukow.
- 1987 Brugerolle joins CCG.
- 1989 take-over of Rouyer Guillet.
- 1995 CCG devises the panther logo for Meukow.
- 1996 Philippe Coste becomes president. Vice-president: Claude Brugerolle
It is hard to find reliable information on the CCG-groupe.
The activities of CCG are divided over Saintes (original residence of Rouyer-Guillet), Cognac (original residence of Meukow and Foucauld) and Matha (original residence of Brugerolle).
Their head-quarters are in Rue Pascal Combeau in Cognac. These premisses were built by Jules Duret around 1860 en passed on to Lucien Foucauld in 1885.
Meukow is their premium brand. Brugerolle comes second and specializes in older cognacs. Foucauld is mainly used for supermarkets.
Brands in their possesion:
- André Simon
- Audouin (van Réau-Richard)
- De Beaupreau
- De Beaumaine
- La Belle Ferronière (originally owned by G. Courant)
- De Belfort
- Bonnaud (van Sauvion)
- Bourbon-Boussaguet (originally owned by Sauvion; originally owned by Rouyer-Guillet)
- Brassart (originally owned by Rouyer-Guillet)
- Brugerolle (since 1987)
- Courant (Georges)
- Duc de la Salle
- Duclair & Co. (Alexandre)
- Duvignac (Marcel)
- Favraud (bottles Favraud)
- Fillioux, P.
- De Florignac
- Foucauld (since 1977; bought form Allied Domecq)
- Guillet (originally owned by Rouyer-Guillet)
- Rouyer-Guillet (since 1989)
- Jacquelin (originally owned by G. Courant)
- Lafont (Henri)
- Lancien, Edouard (originally owned by G. Courant)
- Latour, F.
- Marquis de Lonac
- Marquis de Moncy
- De Marsanex
- Martin, J. (originally owned by Rouyer-Guillet)
- Martin, Pierre
- Merpin (originally owned by Lucien Foucauld)
- Meukow (since 1979)
- Michaud, M. (originally owned by Favraud)
- Minard Frères (originally owned by Georges Courant)
- Moullon (originally owned by Meukow)
- Normand, Roger
- Perquis & Fils
- La Pouyade
- Réau Frères (originally owned by Réau-Richard)
- Renaud (Bernard)
- Richard Frères
- Robin, Eugène (originally owned by Bruggerolle)
- Roger & Cie.
- Sauvion (originally owned by Rouyer-Guillet)
CCG also makes Armagnac: Marquis de Caussade;
and also rhum: Santiago de Cuba;