Bisquit-Dubouché Bottle Catalogue (last updated July 8, 2021)
509 regular sized bottles (including half sized bottles) and 39 magnums, but still incomplete (only half bottles and up)
The Bisquit brand has known quite a few names since it’s establishment in 1819 by Alexandre Bisquit in Jarnac. First Bisquit and Tricoche, then just Bisquit, followed by Bisquit-Dubouché when Alexandre’s son partnered with his father-in-law in 1846; after another marriage Laporte-Bisquit. Then in 1965 a merger with Ricard: Ricard-Bisquit. Another merger with Pernod took place, which led to the disappearance of the name Bisquit as part of the firm name. The brand name remained of course. Renault joined Pernod-Ricard which resulted in the name Renault-Bisquit. Then in 2009 the South-African firm Distell buys Bisquit and re-establishes the old name Bisquit-Dubouché.
Somestimes only the name Bisquit is printed in capitals on the bottle, but most of the time you can spot Dubouché or Ricard somewhere mentioned too. It could be only BD&Co or the Bisquit-Dubouché signature.
The most used emblem on Bisquit bottles is the portraiture of Saint Martial, patron saint of Limoges. They choose this emblem already in 1851. In 1923 Bisquit chooses a griffion as their emblem. This is used quite often on the modern bottles. In 1951 they become official supplier to the Royal Court of England, King George VI and this also is portrayed a lot on their bottles. They also have been supplier for the Dutch court (Prince Bernard des Pays Bas).
In 1965 Bisquit moved to the Chateau de Lignères in Rouillac, a chateau that sometimes is used on the bottles. This chateau now belongs to Martell. The head-quarters of Bisquit is presently located in Chateau Bisquit in the city of Cognac.