- 1847 Established by Jules Gautret in Jonzac as a merchant/distilling company.
- 1959 Gautret initiates the founding of a co-operation called Unicognac. The Gautret company becomes its main brand.
- ca. 2000s Unicognac and Charentes Alliance collaborate which finally becomes a takeover
- 2015 Unicognac, now part of Charentes Alliance, becomes a subsidiary of Océalia
- 2017 Unicognac is renamed Jules Gautret
Gautret produces the following qualities: VS, VSOP, Napoleon, XO and Extra. Their brands tend to be light without too much wood notes.
The swan logo can be seen on many Gautret bottles. It is in fact the logo of Unicognac.